Monday, June 29, 2009

The Man, The Myth, The Legend


So, do you want to know about the photography side of Mikiep?
Well then, we'll have to leave the cute and funny side of things and go into the DARK room.

I am just kidding...well not really. ;)
__________________________________________________________________

To start off my photography blog, I want to first talk about one of my IDOLS in photography...


Ansel Easton Adams

I know what you're thinking...
"Yeah, you and about a billion other people."
Well, my reason m
ight be a little different than most, because while I think his images are amazing, I personally admire him MOST for the more technical side of things.
This man, or should I say "
ZONE GOD", was so advanced in his tonal range that his images have a very 3 dimensional feeling.

The amazing thing is that he just wasn't a GOD in one area, but a GOD in all things related to black and white photography. I'm talking about cameras, metering and developing.

Man, it just blows my mind when I think about it...especially NOW, in a day when people 'rattle can' off images on the digital cameras like the machine gunners in the old WW2 movies.
I can talk for hours about Ansel, but you would get a little bored .

So, I will end it with this...

"No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit."
~Ansel Easton Adams (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984)

Thank you for such inspiration, Ansel!


Find his technical books HERE:
  • The Camera
  • The Negative
  • The Print


No comments:

Post a Comment